Skip to content
Moving with Shalom Movers
- Label all cartons with their basic contents and their designated rooms. Each carton has to be sealed securely with packing tape and be sure all items are well padded and fit snugly in the carton or container.
- Lampshades has to be packed in separate cartons
- Wrap dishes individually with paper or air bubble materials
- Movable parts attached to appliances and stereos has to be secured properly or place these appliances into their original cartons
- Small fragile items should be well padded and packed snugly into the cartons.
- Small appliances should be well padded and packed snugly in cartons. The weight of each carton should not exceed 20 kg.
- Freezer and refrigerator have to be defrosted, cleaned and deodorized prior to the move.
- Drain garden hose, coil and collect ends. Tie or tape garden tools together.
- Inventories all your items for the move.
- Discard, sell or give away things you won’t want.
- Return all library books and borrowed items
- Use or get rid of frozen and perishable items.
- Go to any police post to effect change of address, and as their system is linked to all government bodies, your new address will be updated accordingly. In addition, you should notify your lawyer, doctor, magazine and newspaper distributor, bank and finance companies, credit and charge card companies, employer, friends, etc., about your change of address
- Arrange with relevant authorities to cut – off utilities and telephone lines.
- Make arrangements for moving of your pets
Going into details:
Packing of Regular/Irregular Shaped Objects
- Wrap with newsprint for glassware, plates and bowls. *Plates are stackable wrap
- Wrap 2nd layer with bubble wrap
- Use bubble wrap or newsprint to wrap one layer minimally for non glass/ fragile items.
- Any edges of the items are to be wrapped well to avoid dent/ scratches or damage.
- Include stuffing of newsprint papers to minimise movement space within the carton box.
- Put it in upright direction when placing in the boxes.
- Mugs/Cups/Glasses are to be wrapped with newsprint and bubble wrap individually.
- *For fragile items packing, place a layer of bubble wrap at the base of the carton box.